Monday, August 16, 2010

Picasa Installation Error on Ubuntu

So Picasa has failed to install on my Ubuntu box. The caveat is that it also prevented me to install any other packages and gave the following error whenever i tried to install something:
ubuntu previous installation hasn't been completed
I suspected it was Picasa, but to verify, I opened up a terminal and typed the following:
sudo apt-get -f install
and I got the following error message:
The package Picasa needs to be reinstalled, but I can’t find an archive for it.
The solution to this is to cleanup the incorrectly installed package (Picasa or else) via the following:
dpkg --remove --force-remove-reinstreq picasa
That solved the problem for me. I haven't tried reinstalling Picasa though.

Cite as:
Saad, T. "Picasa Installation Error on Ubuntu". Weblog entry from Please Make A Note. http://pleasemakeanote.blogspot.com/2010/08/picasa-installation-error-on-ubuntu.html

2 comments:

  1. Hey bud, did you ever get this resolved? I know you dropped Ubuntu, but it could have probably been resolved pretty easily. I've had issues with updates where it says an update wasn't installed all the way so it does a partial upgrade/update through the update manager. You may have been able to fix this through the repository and/or synaptic package manager.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super everything works perfectly

    ReplyDelete