- Create a new user on your machine
- Locate the Powerpoint icon in your start menu (or search for Powerpoint in your start menu)
- Press "Shift" and right click on the icon
- select "Run as"
- Enter the credentials of the newly created user
Now you have a new Powerpoint instance that you can place on a second monitor.
Alternatively, for the "programmatically" inclined users, you can invoke the "Run as" command through the command shell
- Open a new command shell (Start menu/ search for "cmd")
- Type the followingrunas /user:username "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\POWERPNT.EXE"
- Press enter
You will be asked to type in the username password, of course. Also, don't forget to replace username with the newly created user account.
Finally, the best way is to put the above command in a batch file that you can place on your desktop. To do this, simply open up a new notepad document, paste the above command, and save the file with the ".bat" extension (without quotes). All you need to do from now on is simply double click that batch file to run a new instance of Powerpoint.